- Add chickpeas, parsley, shallot, garlic, sesame seeds, cumin, salt, pepper, coriander and cardamom to a food processor and mix to combine, scraping down sides as needed until thoroughly combined and it resembles a crumbly texture.
- Add flour slowly to the mix and combine until it forms a ball without it sticking to your hands.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours to firm up.
- Once chilled, scoop out rounded tablespoon amounts and gently form into balls.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add enough coconut oil to generously coat the pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add only as many falafel as will fit very comfortably in the pan at a time, do not overcrowd.
- Cook for a total of 4-5 minutes, flipping when the underside is deep golden brown. Repeat until all falafel are browned – the deeper golden brown they are, the crispier they’ll be. They will also firm up more once slightly cooled.
- For the Probiotic Tahini Sauce, blend all ingredients in a food processor.
- Serve warm with the Probiotic Tahini Sauce as a side, inside a pitta, wrap or in a salad.